Each year, the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals recognizes health care facilities that demonstrate the highest quality of care and commitment to residents. This year, Newton Village has received the honor. The 2022 Governor’s Award for Quality Care in Health Care Facilities will be presented from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 30 to Newton Village, with the formal presentation at 2 p.m. The public is invited to join the celebration in the Newton Village Courtyard, at 110 N. Fifth Ave. W. in Newton.
What do family members say, when asked about their Newton Village experience? “I appreciated the nursing staff. All of the staff. The excellent quality of care that they give,” Diana A., the daughter of a resident, said. Comments like these are the reason staff members say they come to work every day.
Driven by Values
When asked what motivates them to think of their work as a calling, staff members tend to point to a culture of dedication that created the following results:
• Deficiency free survey
• Five-star Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services rating in each category
• Best Nursing Homes designation by US News and World Report
• Pinnacle Customer Experience award recipient
• Voted Best in Jasper County for Best Retirement Community
• Highest ranked amongst healthcare as Best Place to Work
• Quality Measure Composite Score Honor Roll by National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative
Many staff members say these results are driven by daily StandUP meetings, where the organization’s values are discussed and illustrated — Excellence, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Unit, Innovation and Stewardship.
“We try to live out our values every day to help those we serve live full, joyous lives,” executive director Angela Adam said. “Receiving the Governor’s Award is a true affirmation of our values.”