1. A public hearing was set for Sept. 2 for the City Hall Remodel Project. Cancelled was the recommendation recognizing an apparent low bidder for the City Hall Remodel Project and resolution authorizing the mayor sign the contract pending a review of the apparent low bidder’s qualification.
2. The first reading of an ordinance approving school no parking on North League Road was approved.
3. At an estimated cost of $97,800, the following streets were approved to be a part of the 2020 street repair program: South Madison Street between West State Street to West Pleasant Street, the entire length of Fry Street, North Lincoln Street between East Division to Jefferson Street, East Front Street Between North Walnut Street to Maple Street, North Lincoln Street Between East Front Street to Fry Street and West Front Street between North Locust Street to North Walnut Street. Funds will come from the road use tax fund except for the areas where there were water main repairs which are paid from the water fund.
4. Two payments and change orders were approved by the council. First, an authorizing the application for partial payment for No. 3 for MPS/Kingston in the amount of $166,984 and the change order for $7,891. The second, an application for partial payment for No. 5 for J&K Contracting in the amount of $101,084 and the change for $19,400.
5. A grant from the Jasper Community Foundation in the amount of $3,520 was authorized to be used for way finding signs in the city.
6. City administrator Wade Wagoner reported debris is being picked up throughout the city, the burn ban will stay in place through Aug. 31 and the ceremony for the new flag has been postponed. Colfax Main Street Director Stuart Patterson said Main Street is working on figuring out how to hold the Halloween Walk and Country Christmas Celebrations. Also, city wide garage sales are set for Sept. 11 and 12.