To the family and friends of First Lutheran Church,
Our country’s approach on how to deal with the Coronavirus has changed rapidly over the past week. These suggested steps and isolation are intended to prevent the spread of this
disease and will likely change more in the weeks ahead.
With that in mind, here is what we want everyone to know.
• There will be no worship services at First Lutheran until further notice. This includes all Lenten Services and suppers.
• Online worship services will be on our Facebook page each Sunday morning starting
Sunday, March 22, sometime between 9:30 and 10 a.m. This service will also be available on our website later that same day. We are working on how best to produce and deliver this.
• All other gatherings or meetings, at the Church or in other places, should be canceled
until further notice. This would include any outside groups that use meeting space, any
circle or Bible study groups which meet in the homes of members and any committees.
• Please remember that during this time of uncertainty, the work of the church will
continue; and we can not do this work without you. Your continued offerings will help us meet our obligations. You may mail them to the church or drop them in the mail slot by the northeast door. Thank you so much for your continued support of God’s mission and ministry at First Lutheran.
• Members have volunteered to pick up groceries, medicine or other essential items that you need if you are concerned about leaving your home. If you would like assistance, please contact the church office and we will make arrangements.
• Pray — for people fighting this terrible disease, for the friends and families who have lost loved ones, for the doctors and researchers who are working on developing a vaccine,
for the healthcare staff around the globe who are treating and caring for patients who have contracted the virus and for all those who are working to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Lutheran Church, Newton