Newton Police Department
• Scot A. Stewart Sr., 42, of Newton, was arrested at 7:51 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 1000 block of North Sixth Avenue East on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear on a driving while barred charge and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Scot A. Stewart Jr., 21, of Newton, was arrested at 1:06 a.m. Aug. 31 in the 1000 block of First Avenue East on a Poweshiek County warrant and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Michael D. Cassady, 40, of Newton, was arrested at 4:21 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 700 block of North Third Avenue East on two warrants for probation violation and taken to the Jasper Count Jail.
• Washun T. Dantzler, 31, of Des Moines, was taken into custody from a Story County Deputy on the Story/Jasper County line at 11:32 p.m. Sept. 4 on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear on a driving while license suspended charge and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Mason R. Brumer, 21, of Urbandale, was charged with identity theft under $1,500 from incidents that occurred on July 23, July 25 and July 27 in the 1000 block of First Avenue East. According to the Newton Police Department, officers met the victim and his wife at a Pizza Hut because two charges were on their debit card they didn’t make. The victim stated he went to his bank and discovered three transactions made with his debit card number. Two of the transactions were at the Pizza Hut in Newton and the other was made at Domino’s Pizza. A transaction was made over the phone at 6:11 p.m. July 25 for $44.08 and was delivered to Brumer. Another transaction was over the phone at 7:58 p.m. July 27 for $36.59 and was delivered to Brumer. The third transaction was over the phone at 8:53 p.m. July 23 at Domino’s for $32.90 and delivered to Brumer. The victim provided a transaction register from his bank with the three transactions and wrote a statement. The employee at Pizza Hut also wrote out a statement of the incident and the total amount for the transactions was $118.57. Brumer was cited and released to appear in court.