Prairie City Police Department
• Vincent D. Weaver, 24, of Des Moines, was arrested and charged with OWI, second offense, at 9:17 p.m. May 4 after his vehicle was reported swerving by multiple witnesses on the eastbound lane of Highway 163. According to Prairie City police, Weaver nearly stopped his vehicle on the highway at one point. During the traffic stop he allegedly smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech, bloodshot and watery eyes and was unsteady on his feet. The report said he was unable to perform field sobriety tests or give a preliminary breath test. Weaver was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Beth M. Johnson, 50, of Ottumwa, was charged with driving while license suspended at 8:39 p.m. May 19 after she was pulled over for speeding in the eastbound land of Highway 163. According to a police report, Johnson was cited for speeding and failure to provide liability insurance. Johnson was released to appear in Jasper County District Court.
• Stephen M. Ali, 24, of Storm Lake, was charged with driving while license suspended and reckless driving at 6:56 p.m. May 29 after he was stopped for speeding at the intersection of East Fifth Street and State Street in Prairie City. According to a police report, Ail’s license was suspended for non-payment of Iowa fines. He was also cited for speeding, 16 to 20 mph over the limit, failure to provide proof of insurance and operating a non-registered vehicle. Ali was released to appear in Jasper County District Court.
• Deckar A. Lynch, 24, of Pella, was arrested and charged with two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and OWI, second offense, at 2:39 a.m. May 7 after police spotted his car stopped on the shoulder of westbound Highway 163. According to a police report, Lynch appeared confused when the officer approached his car stating he thought police had pulled him over. Officers reported an odor of alcohol coming from Lynch, but he then refused multiple times to open his door to allow the officer to return his identification. Lynch finally exited the vehicle upon the officer’s request but refused all field sobriety and breath tests. He later refused urine and breath tests at the Jasper County Law Center. Police found two marijuana pipes with burnt residue during a search of Lynch’s vehicle. He was also charged with interference with official acts. Lynch was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jamie L. Johnson, 36, of Ankeny, was arrested and charged OWI and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:54 p.m. May 26 after she admitted to Prairie City police she drank a beer before driving. According to police, Johnson was spotted with a unnamed male passenger exiting her vehicle in the 300 block of Madison Street. Police said an initial breath test registered Johnson’s blood alcohol content under .08, but a datamaster test taken later at the Jasper County Law Center registered her BAC at 0.11. The officer also found a marijuana pipe during a search of Johnson’s vehicle, which Johnson admitted was there before the search. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.