I know many of our readers may not use YouTube or Facebook to enjoy our expanded coverage on many of the antics that happen on assignment. I had the chance to take part in the Iowa Speedway Sponsor Summit Challenge at MB2 Raceway. I love the track at the raceway. It has a nice “S” curve, but overall is a track on which you can turn your speed up.
I was heading into my 10th lap, and upon crossing the lap line, I put go-pedal to the floor. Little did I know it would be a lap that would be on the highlight reel. I rounded out the “S” curve and crashed. The only other person to have a significant crash into a wall was Iowa Speedway President Jimmy Small. Iowa Speedway staff gave out medals and awards for the racing, with me winning the “Craziest Driver” award.
I found as I was driving away from my first Iowa Speedway Sponsors Summit that this new chapter in the life of the Iowa Speedway is going to be awesome. Every exciting moment should be captured on YouTube, and I out-crashed Iowa Speedway President Jimmy Small. It goes without saying, that from that point on, I knew this Iowa Speedway season will be one to remember.
I also had an amazing time covering three proms this past weekend and thought I would do a funny top five prom theme list.
The list will feature my top five celebrity dream prom dates. A few years ago, MTV ran a show called “Once Upon a Prom.” The whole concept of the show was for a high school student to get a celebrity dream date, so here are my top five celebrity dream prom dates.
5. Emma Stone: I remember seeing Emma in a few films, which I really wasn’t a fan of. She caught my attention when she was casted in the movie “Crazy Stupid Love.” After that, I loved her work, and she will be in the “Amazing Spiderman 2,” which will be premiering tonight at both Valle Drive-In and Capitol II Theatre. Stone’s personality only makes her looks intensify multiple times over.
4. Julianne Hough: I started watching her on television in “Dancing with the Stars.” I can always remember thinking that she danced like an angel. In 2011, when she starred in “Footloose,” Hough proved she was more than a ballroom dancer, and her prom outfit in the movie showed she would truly be a celebrity dream date to prom.
3. Katherine Heigl: She is without a doubt one of the top actresses that made chick flicks more fun to watch with her performances in “Ugly Truth” and “27 Dresses.” With Heigl’s down to earth charm with her playful flirting how could any guy not want her as a celebrity prom date?
2. Rachel McAdams: This was surprisingly hard because McAdams is the type of girl that you can’t help but love no matter if she is just playing a quirky girl in love with the work of Kate Moss or a mom. She is a woman that could do something so simple and be a stunning prom date.
1. Taylor Swift: A country music singer from Pella. Jason Brown said it best: “You’ll always be my first love.” I have had the chance to meet Swift on multiple occasions, and I know without a doubt it’s dorky, but I instantly fell in love. She’s truly a reminder that a woman with a dream can be the most beautiful thing you could ever encounter. It’s with the help of some of her magical lyrics that I have been able to meet and understand some amazing girls who, before meeting Swift, I would have probably walked away from.