Two held in Marshalltown slaying investigation
MARSHALLTOWN (AP) — Two men are being held as authorities investigate a slaying in Marshalltown.
Police got a tip on Tuesday afternoon about a suspicious death inside a residence. Officers got a warrant and then found a body during a search of the house.
The person's name and likely cause of death have not been released, but authorities say the case is being investigated as a homicide.
The two men are being held as material witnesses. They were identified as 30-year-old Jeremy Gartin, and 55-year-old Max Nelson Jr. Both live in Marshalltown.
More State News
- USDA Farm Storage Loans Available
- Tyson adds beef, chickens to animal welfare rules
- Iowan prayed to God while saving kids from fire
- Dubuque leaders seek to dump greyhound racing
- Iowa nursing home fined for sex offender lapse