Kellogg Garden Club News Release
Katie Cantu, naturalist with the Jasper County Conservation Board, spoke about monarch butterflies at a recent meeting of the Kellogg Garden Club to guests, members of the Baxter Garden Club.
The meeting was held at Mariposa Park, where the group toured the butterfly garden. The population of monarchs in the U.S. has reached an all time low. She told about banding of the monarchs to further study them. Monarchs are the only butterflies that migrate. After the presentation the members and guests enjoyed a picnic lunch.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton