Newton Police Department
• Amy L. Atwood, 23, of Newton was charged with criminal trespass after she turned herself in Monday at the Newton Police Department. At 11:05 p.m. Aug. 26, officers were dispatched to 721 E. Seventh St. N. on report of a burglary. The homeowner showed officers surveillance footage of Atwood entering the home without permission. She released to appear in court.
• William E. Cook, 35, of Marshalltown was arrested on an outstanding warrant at 9:25 a.m. Saturday at TPI. His warrant was for burglary from the Marshalltown Police Department. He was taken to jail.
• Rodney D. Dobbs. 49, of Newton was arrested on an outstanding warrant at 1:21 p.m. Thursday at 1800 S. Fourth Ave. E. His warrant was for probation violation. He was taken to jail.
• Tanneeah R. Fleming, 34, of Newton was charged with going armed with intent after she turned herself in Aug. 28 at the Newton Police Department. At 5:04 a.m. Aug. 25 at 1020 E. 12th St. N., Fleming allegedly yelled at a victim while holding a knife, “You thought this was over.” Fleming then allegedly charged the victim and struck her several times, resulting in swelling on the victim’s cheek. She was released to appear in court.
• Brandon D. Lint, 35, of Newton was charged with driving with a suspended license after officers performed a routine traffic stop at 3:22 p.m. Friday on the 500 block of First Avenue West. He was released to appear in court.
• Andrew R. Murphy, 27, of Ankeny was charged with domestic assault after officers were dispatched at 10 a.m. July 15 to 2502 S. Third Ave. E. on report of an assault. Upon arrival, officers observed that the victim had a swollen left eye and she said Murphy punched her in face after becoming irate for no reason. He was taken to jail.
• Joshua S. Richardson, 22, of Newton was charged with burglary after officers located him at 4:45 a.m. Sunday at the 4800 block of Highway 145. Eric P. McDowell was also charged with burglary after he was located at 5:44 p.m. Monday at 210 E. 28th St. N. At 2:20 p.m. Sunday at 1650 S. 15th Ave. W., the two allegedly entered a residence and assaulted the victim causing several lacerations on his face. They were both taken to jail.
• Casey L. Sliger, 36, of Newton was charged with second-degree fraudulent practices on Aug. 21. Sliger falsely reported to Iowa Workforce Development that he was not receiving wages for employment. He collected $6,690 in unemployment wages. He was taken to jail.
• Stephanie L. Yoakum, 39, of Newton was charged with driving while license barred after an officer performed a routine traffic stop at 11:15 a.m. Saturday at the 600 block of South Fourth Avenue West. Yoakum also had an active warrant out of Marion County for burglary. She was taken to jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Robert A. Miller, 44, of Newton was charged with driving while license suspended after officers located him at 9:46 p.m. Tuesday on I-80 on the 168 off-ramp. He was taken to jail.