Des Moines boy recovers from head injury
DES MOINES (AP) — A Des Moines boy given little chance to survive after being struck by a car two weeks ago has defied all odds and is recovering.
Six-year-old Francisco Flores was hit Aug. 20. Doctors feared permanent brain injury, but he was walking within days and has now returned home.
He has staples in his head which doctors expect to remove soon and they’ve told his mother to keep a close eye out for anything unsual but they see no signs of permanent injury.
More State News
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food