Matthew Perry invests in Field of Dreams youth complex
DYERSVILLE (AP) — Actor Matthew Perry is investing in a youth sports complex at an eastern Iowa farm where the movie “Field of Dreams” was filmed.
Go the Distance Baseball LLC announced Wednesday that the “Friends” star is part of a group of investors that includes Hall of Fame third baseman Wade Boggs.
It’s unclear how much Perry is contributing to the project. A Go the Distance spokeswoman behind the All-Star Ballpark Heaven says the actor approached them after the 1989 movie site’s sale was announced.
Go the Distance plans to transform the state landmark into a 24-field youth baseball and softball tournament complex. The first tournament games are scheduled for 2014.
The project’s groundbreaking is tentatively scheduled for May. Perry is expected to attend.
More State News
- Dubuque leaders seek to dump greyhound racing
- Iowa nursing home fined for sex offender lapse
- Iowa insurer pokes fun at federal website in ads
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance