Snowshoe hike set for Jan. 19 at Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge
The Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge will offer a snowshoe hike from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19.
The snowshoe program is free and open to the public of all ages and experience levels. Snowshoes in adult and children’s sizes are provided by the refuge at no cost, or participants can bring their own.
During the program, a ranger will provide instructions about how to use snowshoes. Then a naturalist will guide participants on a snowshoeing adventure through the winter prairie landscape. If there is no snow Jan. 19, a ranger will still lead a hike but will adapt the program to more appropriately fit the weather conditions.
Register for the program to ensure that there are enough snowshoes and personnel to provide by contacting Megan Wandag at (515) 994-3400 or email@example.com.
The next snowshoe hike program will be on Saturday, Feb. 23.
More Local News
- County Recroder's Office confirms Iowa Speeway sale final
- Report indicates Japser County on the upswing
- Newton Manufacturing joins Shoes That Fit
- City Council gives city support to Newbury Management.
- St. Nick’s Christmas Club seeks more ‘adopting’ support