Nash Finch closing Iowa distribution center
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) — Food company Nash Finch will be closing its Cedar Rapids distribution center by the end of the year.
Cedar Rapids television station KCRG reports that the company says fewer than 50 jobs will be lost and that the work will be consolidated at centers in St. Cloud, Minn., and Omaha, Neb.
The company says combining the volume handled by Cedar Rapids into the other distribution centers will allow for increased efficiency and additional product selection for its Cedar Rapids customers.
Publicly traded Nash Finch is based in Minneapolis, Minn.
More State News
- Iowa flood buyouts could cost millions extra
- Iowa cities bypass state to halt payday lenders
- Iowa charge: Mom left baby in car during workout
- Iowa man says he was using mower to chase gopher
- Autopsy set in investigation of Polk County crash