101 enjoy family fun run
The first-ever “Run Into Fall” Family Cross Country Fun Run at Maytag Park on Saturday had 101 participants of all ages. The event was sponsored by Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson Elementary schools and was a fundraiser for the PTA at each school, as well as a way to promote family fun and fitness. The day included a one-mile loop run within Maytag Park and a three-plus mile run within Maytag Park and the school-owned woodlands and grasslands east of Maytag Park. Participants jumped hay bales, crossed creeks and ran almost completely off roads. Sponsors included The Waldinger Corporation, Clemon-Maki Insurance, Edward Jones, ClineTool, ServiceMaster and Vernon Company for T-shirts and Dairy Queen, Culver’s, Cardinal Corner, Posh Salon, Girl Scout Troop 116, Dominos Pizza, Mojo’s Cycling, Subway and Hy-Vee for door prizes.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County