It’s time to clean house in Auditor’s Office
To the editor:
I’ve known Laurie Nelson for over 8 years now. I have enjoyed getting to know this passionate, conservative lady. She has a true heart for her country, her state, and her community. She also has a deep concern for the voters, that their voices will be heard and that no one who is ineligible to vote will take away the voter’s voices.
Just this summer, I was able to help get an absentee voter database together and was shocked to find my deceased aunt’s name as an active voter. She has been gone for at least five years. Not only was she listed, but several others that were either deceased or had moved quite some time ago.
This is unacceptable!
My daughter moved back from Missouri earlier this year. Within one week of her getting back her Iowa driver’s license, she had a letter from the Missouri county she resided in saying that she was no longer registered to vote in Missouri.
She did nothing, but they knew and had had her removed from the voter rolls. These are the kinds of things Laurie would like to see implemented in our state and county. Laurie is concerned with the voting process from beginning to end. Even though we don’t have much fraud on voting day, which is wonderful, the registration process and the early/absentee ballot options we have are ripe for fraud.
I believe it’s time for some housekeeping in the County Auditor’s office and I believe Laurie Nelson is the woman for the job. Please support her on election day.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Disappointed for the Iowa Veterans Home
- Reader: thankful, proud to be Newton native
- King visit highlighted use of mindless words
- Reader's letter helps correct Wall database error
- Jasper County Freedom Flight Committee thanks citizens for support of Wall That Heals
- Skiff ad brings tears to reader's eyes
- Parents should ensure children are properly vaccinated
- One more thing the government does to take American Natives down
- Progress Industries, Iowa Speedway foundations thank 8K sponsors