Baxter committee raising funds to brighten holidays
The Baxter Christmas Lights Committee is raising money to purchase 10 new LED Christmas Pole Lights and a LED skyline for the front of Baxter City Hall.
The total cost of the project is $6,545. Any business, organization or individual who would like to donate can send or drop off money at Baxter City Hall or give the donation to a committee member. Checks are to be made out to City of Baxter/Christmas Lights.
A special lighting ceremony will be held, with the date and time to be announced.
Members of the Baxter Christmas Lights Committee include Melvin Montgomery, Penny Petermeier, Rachel Kauer, Delores Wastier, Beth Simbro and Janie Smith.
More Local News
- County Recroder's Office confirms Iowa Speeway sale final
- Report indicates Japser County on the upswing
- Newton Manufacturing joins Shoes That Fit
- City Council gives city support to Newbury Management.
- St. Nick’s Christmas Club seeks more ‘adopting’ support