Everyone deserves the same rights without fighting for them
To the editor:
Nearly every day, some special interest group, hate group or individual tries to convince me what to think, how to feel, or even who I should persecute. I, however, like most Iowans, have a mind of my own.
I strongly believe that every American deserves the same rights and freedoms as everyone else without having to fight for them. Therefore I voted “Yes” to retain Iowa Supreme Court Justice David S. Wiggins.
I believe he lives up to the motto on the Iowa state flag: “Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.”
More Letters to the Editor News
- College educator responds to Berg reading proficiency report
- Adjutant General of Iowa National Guard issues Thanksgiving message
- Thank-you to good samaritan
- November is National Hospice & Palliative Care Month
- Enjoyed reading article about local connection to Alley Oop strip