Soybean harvest well under way
Farmers have been busy harvesting the soybean crop these days, including at this field south of the entrance to Krumm Nature Preserve recently. Dry weather has helped farmers in the harvest this year, with the State Agriculture Department reporting better than half of the soybeans already out of the field. Likewise for the corn harvest, with yields of both corn and soybeans slightly better than expected in this drought year.
More Local News
- Law Enforcement Torch Run
- Memorial Day is 'Golf Day' for blind and disabled vets
- NHS Commencement to be held Sunday
- Memorial Day services planned for Monday
- NHS releases traffic pattern, shuttle service plan for Sunday’s commencement