Soybean harvest well under way
Farmers have been busy harvesting the soybean crop these days, including at this field south of the entrance to Krumm Nature Preserve recently. Dry weather has helped farmers in the harvest this year, with the State Agriculture Department reporting better than half of the soybeans already out of the field. Likewise for the corn harvest, with yields of both corn and soybeans slightly better than expected in this drought year.
More Local News
- Pappy's Antique Mall to close on Sunday
- Ladies show love for the courthouse lights
- Berg teacher wins drawing
- Mojo Cycling donates to St. Nick's
- Young patriots honored by VFW Ladies' Auxiliary