Soybean harvest well under way
Farmers have been busy harvesting the soybean crop these days, including at this field south of the entrance to Krumm Nature Preserve recently. Dry weather has helped farmers in the harvest this year, with the State Agriculture Department reporting better than half of the soybeans already out of the field. Likewise for the corn harvest, with yields of both corn and soybeans slightly better than expected in this drought year.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County