Ribbon cutting for new disc golf course at Woodland
Disc golf fans turned out in numbers Wednesday afternoon at Woodland Park for the ribbon cutting ceremony of the new 12-hole disc golf course recently installed at the park. Newton Parks Administrator Nathan Unsworth helped Joe Urias, owner of Mojo Cycle, who spearheaded the effort to create a new course, cut the ribbon. Urias thanked course designers Doug Innes and Kyle and Doug Hill, the Newton Park Commission, as well as the sponsors Newton Disc Golf League, Bill Duvall, Bob Tarantino, Jeremy Shrum, Ron Urias, Jason Cupples, Randy Marchant, Tom Gearheart, First Newton National Bank, Car Country, Hy-Vee, Mojo Cycling and Newton Public Works Director Keith Laube.
More Local News
- Accident involving school bus results in fatality in Colfax
- Small named new Iowa Speedway president
- Main Street Initiative Launch Team surpasses goal
- Posh Salon, Spa Open House set for Friday
- JCC announces greeting card contest winners