Vendors needed for flea market, bake sale Oct. 23
Jasper County Elderly Nutrition, which provides home-delivered and congregate meals for anyone in Jasper County age 60 and up, will be hosting its second annual flea market and bake sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2.
The event also will feature a pie-baking contest at 10:30 a.m. Currently the program is looking for vendors to rent a table/spot for the event. The cost is $5 (table provided by vendor) or $10 (table provided by Elderly Nutrition). The public also is encouraged to enter homemade pies in the contest.
The event will be at the Jasper County Community Center, 2401 First Ave. E. in Newton. For more information, contact Kelli Van Manen at (641) 792-7102.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County