• Emily L. Anderson, 16, and Breeanna Olmstead, 17, both of Newton, each were each charged with disorderly conduct for fighting in the Newton Senior High School lunchroom at 12:20 p.m. Oct. 19. They were referred to juvenile authorities.
• Larry D. Huffaker, 65, of Newton was cited with unsafe entry on a roadway after striking a vehicle driven by Diana L. Halfhill, 65, of Mingo, who was northbound in the 600 block of East 19th Street North at 11:09 a.m. Tuesday. Huffaker was driving a Newton Community School District vehicle. Damage to his vehicle was estimated at $100, and damage to Halfhill’s vehicle was estimated at $1,000. No injuries were reported.
• Travis L. Jones, 32, of Newton was charged with public intoxication at 4:28 a.m. Thursday when he came to the Newton Police Department lobby. He registered a blood alcohol level of .150 and was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Clinton V. Robinson, 39, of Newton was arrested at 8:59 a.m. Wednesday after officers were called to the Jasper County Courthouse for Robinson, who was wanted on a Jasper County warrant for a probation violation on an original charge of harassment and public intoxication. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Angie J. Shinn, 28, of Eddyville was arrested at the Jasper County Courthouse on a Prairie City Police Department warrant for an original charge of fifth-degree theft. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 15 and older.