Newton Police Department
• Logan D. Plante, 23, of Newton, was charged with second degree theft from an incident that occurred at 3:07 p.m. July 21 in the 1000 block of East Seventh Street North. According to the Newton Police Department, officers responded to a call about a stolen golf cart. The NPD met with the reporting party who said he knew where the golf cart was taken. After further investigation, police found a witness who saw Plante driving the golf cart. The witness wrote a voluntary written statement that stated two people yelled at Plante while he was on the golf cart. The witness then said they saw Plante drive away with the golf cart. Plante was arrested on the warrant for the charge at 2:25 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Marshall County Jail and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Stephen B. Ezell, 27, of Newton, was charged with fifth-degree theft from an incident that occurred at 5:19 p.m. July 4 in the 2000 block of First Avenue East. According to the Newton Police Department, a Farver True Value employee had Ezell in the store when officers responded to the call. The employee showed officers video footage of Ezell taking fuses out of the package and leaving the store with them. The value of the items was $19.25. He was released to appear in court.
• Paul R.H. Thompson, 20, of Newton, was arrested at 9:01 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 300 block of East 10th Street North on a Jasper County warrant third-degree burglary and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Montie R. Lewis Jr., 32, of Newton, was arrested at 6:04 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 300 block of East 19th Street South on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear on a driving while suspended charge. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Justin D.I. Garza, 19, of Newton was arrested at 8:11 p.m. Aug. 9 in the 200 block of North 19th Avenue East on a Jasper County warrant for probation violation, original charge possession of marijuana. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.