Newton Police Department
• Kevin DeWayne Thomas, 32, of Newton, and Lacey Ann Engelhardt, 22, of Newton, were arrested at 2:25 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East Sixth Street South. Thomas was arrested on a Cerro Gordo County warrant for controlled substance violation and Engelhardt on a Cerro Gordo County warrant for probation violation on a theft charge. Both were taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Zachary Bryan Herr, 21, of Newton, was arrested at 4:11 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of West 11th Street North on a Poweshiek County warrant for probation violation on a drug charge. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Tanya S. Nelson, 54, of Newton, was arrested at 7:56 a.m. Sunday on a Polk County warrant for failure to appear in court. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Cody James Martin, 24, of Des Moines, was arrested at 11:26 p.m. April 5 on a Des Moines warrant for failure to appear in court. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jason M. Nida, 38, of Kellogg, was charged with violation of a no-contact order at 8:27 p.m. March 31 in the 2000 block of South 13th Avenue East. According to the Newton Police Department, the court had issued a temporary protective order protecting the victim and children from having any contact with Nida. While at church, the victim was getting on the church bus when Nida approached one of the protected parties, violating the no-contact order. Nida was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.