CEDAR FALLS (AP) — A steam leak at a University of Northern Iowa dining hall has killed a maintenance worker.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courieráreports the employee died Monday morning while working on malfunctioning equipment at the Rialto dining center on the Cedar Falls campus.
University spokesman Aaron Clingingsmith says 61-year-old Kevin J. Bley died from injuries he received while testing a steam distribution service, which heats water for the center’s dining service.
The dining hall had been closed since last week because of problems and was being brought back online.
No one else was injured.