There’s always something happening at Lake Red Rock. Check out these upcoming activities:
• 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday — Kids’ Craft Day, Visitor Center
Got creative kids? Bring your young artists to enjoy make-and take nature craft activities.
• 9 p.m. Friday — Creatures of the Night Hike, North Overlook Campground
Hike along a woodland trail in search of the night shift.Follow the tracks left behind by critters of the night and listen for owl calls and other lurking creatures!
• 10 a.m. Saturday — Diggin’ in the Dirt, Playscape
Let’s go “down under” and search for the creatures who live and work in the soil. We’ll search under logs and rocks too. Exploring dirt can be, well, dirty, so please wear old clothes.
• 1 p.m. Saturday — Snake Lunchtime, Red Rock Visitor Center
It’s feeding day at the visitor center!Stop by and join the center’s resident snakes as they have a bite to eat.
• 3 p.m. Saturday — Forest Scavenger Hunt, Howell Station Campground
Join the search for clues about the hidden world of plants and animals in Red Rock’s woodlands. Use your mind and your hide-and-seek skills to help you in your quest.
Programs are free of charge, and reservations are not needed. Outdoor activities will be canceled if raining. For more information, contact Lake Red Rock at 641-828-7522 or via email at email@example.com.