• Randi A. Berwick, 32, of Newton, was charged with false report of indictable offense to public entity after authorities were called at 7:43 p.m. Saturday to 610 E. Second St. S. Officers were contact by Berwick who said she lied about the domestic assault she had reported earlier. She said she first hit the person she reported on and then hit herself in the face 25 to 30 times which caused the injury she reported. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Travis W. Howerton, 34, of Des Moines, was charged with assault after authorities were called at 5:48 p.m. Monday to the 2300 block of First Avenue East. Officers were called about a road rage incident and found that Howerton had left his vehicle and began yelling at the victim, also spitting on him. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Nathan J. Greene, 33, of Des Moines, was charged with public intoxication after authorities were called at 9 p.m. Tuesday to 700 E. 17th St. S. Officers were called about a man passed out in a yard. They spoke to the homeowner who said the man woke up and walked to Git N Go. Officers located Greene who had slurred speech and watery eyes. He had a BAC of .262. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Sandra M. Lane, 42, of Newton, was arrested on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear after she turned herself in at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office.
• Marton J. Wright, 36, of Newton, was charged with domestic abuse assault and obstruction of emergency communication after authorities were called at 8:10 p.m. Wednesday to the 1000 block of East 15th Street North. Officers were called about Wright taking the phone away from the victim, who was going to call authorities because of Wright’s erratic behavior. Wright eventually gave the phone back to the victim but tried to take again, failing and leaving the residence. Officers found him when he returned to the residence and proceeded to slam the door and use his forearm to shove the victim. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail and a no contact order was requested by the victim.