Newton Police Department
• Erik C. Rodriguez, 33, of Newton, was charged with violation of no contact order at 5:34 p.m. when officers were called to an apartment at 821 S. 13th Ave. E. Officers were able to determine Rodriguez had been sending text messages to the victim and went to the residence. Rodriguez was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Larry D. McKinney, 47, of Newton, was charged with operating while under the influence, first offense, at 7:45 p.m. Oct. 27 after police saw McKinney’s vehicle had no license plate lights. He was pulled over on North 19th Avenue East. He indicated impairment at the time and he had a blood alcohol content of .104. McKinney was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Nicholas J. Carver, 33, of Newton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 11 p.m. Oct. 30 when police patted him down for weapons at home at East 10th Street South and found a methamphetamine pipe in his front pocket. Carver was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Larry D. Brents, 47, of Newton, was charged with fifth-degree theft at 8:35 a.m. Oct. 31 after police were called to Farver True Value. The witness told police Brents walked out of the door and set the alarms off. Once the alarm was off, he was asked to walk back into the store. He then took out tools and other items from his pockets valued at $52. Brents refused to stay at the store and police later located him at his residence. Brents was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Jami M. Duggan-Fry, 41, of Newton, was charged with trespassing at 12:36 p.m. Oct. 31 when police were dispatched to a residence at West Fourth Street North. She was previously trespassed from the residence. Duggan-Fry was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Eric D. Shatto, 41, of Newton, was arrested at 11:11 a.m. Oct. 30 at the Adult Probation Office on a Jasper County warrant for probation violation, original charge possession of controlled substance, third offense. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Ring B. Malow, 43, of Newton, was arrested at 9:03 p.m. Oct. 30 at 1209 W. 16th St. S. on two Polk County warrants for probation violation, original charges, third-degree burglary and operate vehicle without owner’s consent. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.