Newton Police Department
• Matthew A. Bakalar, 34, of Newton, was charged with possession of controlled substance at 11:28 p.m. Sept. 23 after police arrested Bakalar for driving while license suspended in the 1400 block of North Fourth Avenue West. Police searched Bakalar and found no contraband and he was taken to the Jasper County Jail. When Bakalar exited the patrol vehicle, a clear plastic bag with a crystal substance was found where Bakalar had been sitting. He denied it was his. The substance weighed 0.3 grams and tested positive for methamphetamine.
• Shannon K. Dantzler, 30, of Baxter, was charged with providing false identification information at 8:50 p.m. Sept. 23 during a traffic stop at West 19th Street South. Dantzler provided false identification by stating her name was Stephanie Crosby, and she later told police she lied and her real name was Shannon Dantzler. She was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Drake D. Lamb, 25, of Albia, was charged with assault causing bodily injury or mental illness and fifth-degree criminal mischief at 2 a.m. Sept. 24. Lamb is accused of punching the victim at a residence on North 59th Avenue East. The victim had a cut above and below the left eye. Lamb is also accused of damaging the victim’s 1995 Chevy Tahoe by causing damage to the driver’s side rear passenger window. He was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Lisa D. Kruse, 42, of Newton, was charged with operating while under the influence, first offense, at 5:55 p.m. Sept. 22 after a concerned motorist called dispatch in reference to a vehicle swerving, unable to stay in its lane and almost hitting two vehicles head-on on Highway 6 East. Kruse was stopped in the 7400 block of Highway 6 East where she gave a preliminary breath test of .176 breath alcohol content. Kruse was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Rebecca L. Johnson, 40, of Mingo, was charged with domestic abuse assault display or use of weapon at 2:04 a.m. Sept. 25 after an officer was called to a residence on Evans Street in Mingo. Johnson is accused of striking the victim on the back with a metal pipe during an altercation. The victim had an abrasion on his back. Johnson was arrested and taken to the Jasper County Jail.