• Kayla L. McNeeley, 28, of Newton, is charged with fifth-degree theft, after police were called at 5 p.m. Thursday to Hy-Vee in reference to a shoplifter. An employee saw McNeeley put two bottles of barbecue sauce in her purse. McNeeley admitted this is what happened. McNeeley was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Danny E. Stevens, 38, of Colfax, was arrested at 1:58 a.m. Dec. 17 at 600 S. Fifth Ave. W. on a Jasper County warrant for bond revocation on an OWI charge. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Talina M. Hayes, 43, of Newton, is charged with fifth-degree theft after police were called at 6:54 p.m. Thursday in reference to a shoplifter at Hy-Vee. Hayes was seen by Hy-Vee Asset Protection concealing merchandise valued at $38. Hayes was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Raymond R. Prewitt, 55, of Newton, is charged with fifth-degree theft after police were called at 12:07 p.m. Friday in reference to a shoplifter at Hy-Vee. Prewitt was seen by a witness placing smoked pork shanks down the front of his pants. The witness also saw Prewitt walk out of the store without paying for the item. Prewitt was released and issued a citation to appear in court.
• Ronald L. Lisk, 57, of Newton, was cited with failure to maintain control after a two-car collision at 11:36 a.m. Saturday on East Fourth Street North. Lisk was driving west on North Ninth Avenue Place East as another driver, Bernard W. Oskam, 58, of Newton, was driving eastbound around the curve of East 14th Street and North Ninth Avenue Place East. Lisk allegedly collided with Oskam’s vehicle. Lisk claimed Oskam crossed into his lane. Oskam told police he did not. Oskam’s vehicle had not moved and there was debris still in place indicating that Oskam’s vehicle was still in its lane, according to a police report. Lisk was issued a citation.
• Randall G. Meyer, 57, of Newton, was charged with fifth-degree theft at 12:05 p.m. Sunday after he was accused of taking a snow blade for a lawn mower without permission. Meyer told police he was given permission to take it. The victim told police Meyer had asked about purchasing it but told him it wasn’t for sale. Meyer was issued a citation and released to appear in court.
• Kathy A. Rudkin, 52, of Newton, was cited with failure to stop at 12:37 p.m. Sunday after a two-car collision at the intersection of First Avenue East and Highway 14. Rudkin was traveling east on First Avenue East as another driver, Steven J. Polluck, 42, of Newton, was driving south on Highway 14. Polluck was through the intersection and Rudkin was stopping at a stop sign but was unable to complete a stop. Rudkin collided with Polluck. Rudkin was issued a citation.