• Oscar W. A. Galvez, 30, of Newton is charged with first offense operating a vehicle white intoxicated after authorities pulled over a vehicle at 1200 W. 16th St. S. at 1:47 a.m. Monday. Officers were notified of a vehicle driving east in the westbound lanes on Interstate 80. The vehicle corrected itself but was later found on Highway 14 having difficulties staying in the correct lane. Officers pulled over the vehicle for a inoperable registration plate light and found that Galvez had blood shot, watery eyes and an odor of alcohol. He admitted to drinking and that he was drunk. He failed the field sobriety tests and had a BAC of .184. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Paul L. Harris, 26, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County warrant for assault at 121 W. Fifth St. S. at 5:43 p.m. Monday. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Teresa J. Hembree, 51, of Newton is charged with possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a prescription drug and possession of drug paraphernalia after authorities pulled over a vehicle at the 100 block of East Eighth Street North at 11:27 p.m. Tuesday. When officers pulled the vehicle over for a headlight violation, they noticed an odor of marijuana. Hembree admitted to smoking marijuana and that there was also a pipe in the vehicle. After searching the vehicle, officers found pill bottles prescribed to other individuals, a straw, razor and plastic baggie with a white substance in it, later confirmed to be meth. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Travis W. Huff, 21, of Newton is charged with serious domestic assault after authorities were called to 603 S. Third Ave. E. #3 at 11:08 p.m. Monday. Officials were called after the victim became engaged in an argument with Huff. The victim tried to call 911 but Huff took the phone, so the victim used another phone. While waiting outside, Huff grabbed the victim by the ankle and pulled the victim away, which caused a small, bloody scrape. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Kate F. Malott, 29, of Newton is charged with first offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated after authorities were called to 300 First Ave. E. at 11:13 p.m. Saturday. Officers were advised that a drive-thru patron was intoxicated at Burger King. Officers observed Malott drive over the curb when leaving the parking lot, swerve while driving and stop at a blinking yellow light. Officers pulled over the vehicle and identified the driver as Malott. She had slurred speech and admitted to drinking vodka. Malott refused a sobriety tests. She was cited and released to appear.
• Preston R. Mathews, 21, is charged with providing false identification information and fifth-degree theft after authorities were called to Wal-Mart at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Mathews was seen trying to take a cart full of items from the store without purchasing them. When questioned he gave a false name and was later identified as Preston R. Mathews. The total value of the items was $116.63. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Erica R. Perdue, 25, of Newton was arrested on a warrant from Adel for fourth-degree theft at 221 E. 14th St. N. at 7:55 p.m. Monday. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Amber D. Rogers, 28, of Newton is charged with possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after authorities were called to 324 W. Fourth St. S. #2 at 2:17 p.m. Aug. 2. Officers found a marijuana pipe along with marijuana at the residence. She was cited and released to appear.
• Lorynann K. Snyder, 24, of Baxter was found to be driving under suspension after she was pulled over in the 200 block of West Second Street South at 1:36 a.m. Tuesday. She was cited and released to appear.