Newton Police Department
• Astrid, J. Brown, 31, of Newton, is charged with forgery after authorities were called to 100 N. Second Ave. W. at 12:54 p.m. Monday. She was found to have tried to write two checks in the amounts of $355 and $400 as well as two checks to Git-N-Go in the amounts of $163.29 and $247.73. from another’s account. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Robert E. Koch, 60, of Carthage, Mo., is charged with failure to maintain control after authorities were called to First St. N. and N. Fourth Ave. E. and N. Fourth Ave. W. at 4:04 a.m. Wednesday. William Ray had entered the intersection first when Koch entered and made contact with the right rear of Ray’s vehicle causing approximately $1,000 in damage. Koch’s vehicle had approximately $2,000 damage to the front. He was cited and released to appear.
• Christy A. Nida, 32, of Newton, is charged with forgery after authorities were called to her home at 3:40 p.m. Sunday. When authorities spoke with her she admitted to writing one check from an account that was not hers. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Kerry J. Quick, 21, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County Warrant for probation violation and a Polk County Warrant for escape from custody after authorities were called to 314 E. 41⁄2 St. S. at 10:59 p.m. Tuesday. Officers were called to a situation and found Quick. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Charles S. Vaughn, 49, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County Warrant for failure to attend on a domestic assault charge after authorities located him at 415 N. Fourth Ave. E. at 5:35 p.m. Wednesday. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.