Newton Police Department
• Angelica M. Fallstich, 17, of Newton, is charged with first-degree burglary and domestic abuse assault after authorities were called to 710 S. Second Ave. W. #9 at 1:52 a.m. July 31. Fallstich entered the residence where her boyfriend was staying after he left their residence because they were not getting along. She allegedly started punching him and left noticeable scratch marks during the scuffle. Items in the residence were also tossed around. She allegedly stated that she was going to stab him like she did before and left the residence. She returned with a basket of his clothes and left it. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Darien K. Howard, 26, of Newton, is charged with failure to yield upon entering a through highway after authorities were called to the intersection of South Third Avenue East and East Second Street South at 7:38 p.m. July 30. Dawn Hoover was heading southbound when she entered the intersection and was struck by Howard who was heading westbound. The two vehicles collided in the middle of the intersection. Hoover had major front end damage totaling the vehicle. Howard had heavy damage to the front passenger side totaling approximately $5,000. Howard was also taken to the hospital for minor injuries. She was cited and released to appear in court.
• Jacob M. Kircher, 25, of Des Moines, is charged with operating while intoxicated, second offense, aggravated after authorities were called to the 11000 block of North 19th Avenue East at 12:55 p.m. July 30. Upon arrival, authorities found Kircher outside of the vehicle he was driving, which was located in the ditch. The officer noticed there was an odor of alcohol on him, he had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech. Kircher admitted to consuming one Blonde Fatale beer. He consented to a preliminary breath test which was .196. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Curtis S. Lewis, 25, of Grinnell, was arrested on a Poweshiek County warrant after authorities were called to 317 W. 10th St. N. at 5:48 p.m. July 30 for a disturbance. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Amber Wielard, 19, of Newton, was arrested for two Jasper County warrants after authorities were called to Burger King at 12:05 p.m. July 31 for a welfare check. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.