Newton Police Department
• Kyle Chance, 30, of Newton was arrested at 5:50 p.m. June 27 on two Jasper County warrants for failure to appear in court on charges of driving while license suspended and public intoxication after authorities located him at 209½ N. Second Ave. W. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Valera A. Eatwell, 52, of Newton was charged July 5 with forgery following an investigation by authorities into a report of a stolen check. The victim reported a check had been taken from her home and cashed for $575 at First Newton National Bank. Eatwell admitted to writing the check and cashing it. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Loran E. Haines, 48, of Newton was charged with simple assault after authorities responded to a report of a fight in progress at 9:35 p.m. July 6 at Greenway Apartments. Officers were informed the victim had been pepper sprayed after the suspect, Haines, had become angry for being ripped off during a drug deal. Haines had left the scene and was located in the 1000 block of North 11th Avenue East. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• William D. MacDonald, 50, of Newton was charged with domestic abuse assault (second offense) after authorities responded to a domestic assault report at 5:51 p.m. July 6 at a residence in the 1300 block of West Second Street North. He was charged for allegedly assaulting a female and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Abdelkarim Abbas Mousa, 38, of Newton was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped him at 6:01 p.m. July 4 in the 100 block of West Seventh Street South for having an inactive passenger side brake light. Authorities determined his license was suspended, and he also was cited for no insurance and given a warning for the brake light. He was released to appear in court.
• Aaron D. Reeves, 18, of Newton was charged with third-degree burglary after authorities responded to a report at 7:55 p.m. July 4 of a person taking a gas can, valued at $15, out of a garage at a residence in the 700 block of East 10th Street North. The suspect was located, identified as Reeves and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Joshua L. Wielard, 25, of Newton was arrested at 7:55 a.m. July 3 on a warrant for operation without owner’s consent after turning himself in at the Newton Police Department. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.