Newton Police Department
• Adam D. Ahn, 29, of Colfax was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped him at 7 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of East 12th Street North after recognizing him as driving with a suspended license. He was charged and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Ashley J. Baetsle-Knapp, 26, of Newton was arrested at 10:15 a.m. Wednesday after authorities went to 122 W. 10th St. N. #1 to search for a subject wanted on a warrant. Baetsle-Knapp had an active warrant out of Ottumwa for drug charges. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Aaron M. Jones, 23, of Newton was charged with carrying weapons, possession of drug paraphernalia and fifth-degree theft after authorities responded to a shoplifting complaint at 4:35 p.m. Wednesday at Walmart in Newton. According to police reports, store employees observed Jones remove a double-edged dagger style knife from his boot and attempt to open a package in the store. He then concealed disposable razor blades and used one of them to open the packages before concealing the items and attempting to walk out of the store. Jones admitted to owning the knife and stealing the items, which had a total value of $12.75 and included the package of utility razor blades, Playboy fragrance and one additional package of fragrance. During his arrest, he allegedly had a glass pipe with residue and a glass vial with two baggies with residue in his possession. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Brad L. McKee, 39, of Newton was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped him at 11:38 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of First Street for having inoperable headlight and license plate lights. He was charged and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Regina L. Lile, 43, of Newton was cited with failure to obey a stop sign after authorities responded to a two-vehicle accident at 10 a.m. Wednesday at East 12th Street South and South 13th Avenue East. Lile was traveling south, had stopped at the stop sign and then entered the intersection, colliding with an eastbound vehicle driven by Regina R. Black, 58, of Sully. Black’s vehicle sustained an estimated $500 damage and Lile’s an estimated $2,000 damage. A passenger in Lile’s vehicle complained of back pain but was not transported for medical treatment.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Nikia M. Coley, 31, of Newton was arrested at 9:52 p.m. Tuesday after she came to the Jasper County Law Enforcement Center at 9:52 p.m. Tuesday to pick up another individual. She was asked to show her driver’s license and was found to have a suspended license for non-payment of Iowa fines. She also was cited with unlawful use of driver’s license and operation without registration. She was placed in jail.
• Tanneeah R. Fleming, 34, of Newton was charged with driving while license barred and driving while license suspended after authorities stopped her for a traffic violation at 9:23 p.m. Tuesday at East Fifth Street North and North 15th Avenue East. She was charged and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.