Newton Police Department
• Eugene G. Adams, 76, of Newton was cited with failure to obey a stop sign after authorities responded to a two-vehicle accident at 5:18 p.m. Wednesday. Adams was traveling east on South Eighth Avenue East at East 12th Street South when he collided with a southbound vehicle driven by Michelle M. Templeton, 39, of Newton. Adams’ vehicle sustained an estimated $1,000 damage and Templeton’s an estimated $2,000 damage.
• Brandon P. Dugas, 27, was charged with three counts of harassment after authorities responded to a harassment complaint at 10:09 p.m. Friday at 702 W. Third St. S. in Newton. The reporting party stated she had received more than 400 text messages from Dugas, even after she had asked him to stop calling and texting her. Dugas was charged with one count of harassment Friday and with two additional counts on Saturday after the female reported she had received more messages from Dugas. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Fredrick D. Hitze, 24, of Newton was charged with harassment of public officers after authorities made contact with four individuals walking on a sidewalk at 12:52 a.m. Wednesday at South Fifth Avenue East and East Fifth Street South. Three of the four individuals were identified, but Hitze gave another name. After determining his legal name, the officer determined Hitze was wanted on a Jasper County warrant for possession of marijuana. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Rose Vanrees, 38, of Reasnor was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities responded to a complaint of an erratic driver at 1:23 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of West Seventh Street South. Vanrees was located, found to be driving with a suspended license and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Nicholas T. Campbell, 29, of Altoona was transported from the Polk County Jail to the Jasper County Jail on Friday after being arrested on a warrant for probation violation on an original charge of operating while intoxicated, second offense.
• Ricky L. Craig, 41, of Des Moines was arrested for probation violation on an original charged of operating while intoxicated. He was transported from the Polk County Jail to the Jasper County Jail on Dec. 2.
• Robert J. Dalton, 56, of Eddyville was charged with driving while license suspended and possession of drug paraphernalia after authorities stopped him for a traffic violation at 7:04 p.m. Dec. 2 at the 174 mile marker on Interstate 80. He was charged for driving with a suspended license and allegedly having a black smoking pipe. He also was cited for no insurance and operation without registration.
• Christopher G. Johnson, 38, of Mingo was arrested at 6:26 p.m. Dec. 3 at 5175 W. 112th St. N. in Mingo for failing to fulfill sex offender registry requirements for the month of November 2013.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.