Newton Police Department
• Rodney V. Barbee, 43, of Newton was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court for a fingerprinting order after authorities located him 1:41 p.m. Wednesday at 1024 E. 12th St. N. #3. He was taken for fingerprinting and released.
• Chad E. Berry, 31, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County warrant for probation violation after officers located him at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at 315 E. 15th St. N. in Newton. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Dustin R. Bestell, 20, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree criminal mischief after authorities responded to a criminal mischief complaint at 10:39 p.m. Tuesday at 901 S. 13th Ave. E. in Newton. Bestell was charged for allegedly kicking another person’s vehicle door and punching the rear driver’s side door, causing an estimated $150 damage. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jacqueline S. Clark, 57, and Nicole L. Clark, 35, both of Newton, each were charged with child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor, after authorities responded to a complaint of a domestic fight at 7:09 a.m. Nov. 1 at 1401 N. Seventh Ave. W. in Newton. During the investigation, police observed 21 methylphenidate pills loose on a dresser and other unidentified pills on the floors of the computer room and bathroom. Police also located a spoon with a powdery residue on it and a Lyrica pill, a Gabapentin pill and a plastic bag that field tested positive for methamphetamine. The items were in reach of Nicole Clark’s 5- and 12-year-old children. Her mother, Jacqueline Clark, stated the pills belonged to Nicole. Both women were charged and released to appear in court.
• Cory A. Foster, 34, of Newton was charged with operating while intoxicated (second offense) after authorities observed a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed at 1:33 a.m. Nov. 3 in the 1500 block of West Fourth Street North and initiated a traffic stop on the driver. Foster failed sobriety tests and registered a .237 BAC. He also was cited for speeding and released to appear in court.
• Byron J. Lackey, 24, of Searsboro was charged with driving while license revoked after authorities stopped him at 8:13 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of East 10th Street South for not having a front license plate. He also was cited for no insurance and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• John J. Noga, 30, of Newton was arrested on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear in court for a review hearing on child support after authorities located him at 11:08 a.m. Wednesday at 1224 E. 12th St. N. #3. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Clinton V. Robinson, 40, of Newton was charged with public intoxication (second or subsequent offense) after authorities responded to a complaint of an intoxicated male in a public place at 4:03 p.m. Wednesday at 300 N. Ninth Ave. W. in Newton. Robinson smelled of alcohol and had slurred speech but refused sobriety tests. He was charged and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.