Deere to lay off 100 more workers at Ankeny plant
ANKENY (AP) — Deere & Co. says it will lay off 100 more workers from its plant in Ankeny plant.
The Des Moines Register reports that the layoffs are being described as adjustments to meet market demand.
The Moline, Ill.-based maker of farm and construction equipment says it told workers in mid-August that layoffs would take place in mid-September and early November.
About 40 plant workers were placed on indefinite layoff in mid-September. Deere spokesman Ken Golden says the 100 or so workers were notified Friday about the layoffs in early November.
More State News
- Pay plan could cost some Des Moines school workers
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions
- Iowa credit unions see largest deposit gains in US
- Man gets 14 years for child endangerment
- USDA Farm Storage Loans Available