The “Edna Project” — a six-foot sculpture being created by artist Herman Deaton — was open for public viewing last week and will be again during an art show from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Centre for Arts & Artists in Newton. The sculpture then will be transported to a fine arts foundry in Colorado. The CAA and Iowa Sculpture Festival raised funds to acquire resources for Deaton, CAA resident artist, to create the lifesize bronze sculpture of his mother, Edna, hanging a towel on the clothesline in the 1930s.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned