Jasper County Parents as Teachers to celebrate receiving Iowa Family Support Credential
The Jasper County Parents as Teachers has been awarded the Iowa Family Support Credential and will be celebrating this achievement from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at the Newton Public Library.
The Iowa Family Support Credential is awarded to family support and parent education programs that are validated through external evaluation to be in adherence to the Iowa Family Support Standards. The Jasper County Parents as Teachers will be presented with the Iowa Family Support plaque during the event, and the public is invited to attend for lunch and to be part of the celebration.
Jasper County Parents as Teachers, part of the Jasper County Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse, is only the 27th program in Iowa to achieve this honored distinction. To RSVP or learn more, contact program director Jackie Sparks at (641) 831-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned