Newton Police Department
• Kimberly R. Carr, 30, of Newton was charged with assault after officers were dispatched at 9:35 p.m. Sept. 24 to 1604 First Ave. W. on a report of a fight. Officers said the fight was related to road rage. Carr got out her vehicle and started punching the victim through the window of her car. She was taken to jail. The driver of the vehicle, Linda K. Pearson, 41, of Newton, was charged with disorderly conduct. When Carr got out the vehicle, Pearson got out as well and was pushing and yelling at the victim. Pearson was released to appear in court.
• Jonathan Etter, 31, of Newton was arrested on an active warrant for failing to register as a sex offender. He was located at 4:43 p.m. Sept. 27 at 322 E. Fourth St. N. He was taken to jail.
• Clinton C. Robinson, 40, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree theft and criminal trespass after officers were dispatched at 2:38 p.m. Wednesday to 502 N. Third Ave. E. on a report of an intoxicated male. The owner of the residence said Robinson was intoxicated and felt threatened by his presence. On July 16, Robinson gave the owner of a Newton business a check for $30, which was returned to the business owner because Robinson closed that account. Robinson was taken to jail.
• Brooke L. Champagne, 38, of Newton was charged with public intoxication after officers were dispatched at 8:13 p.m. Friday to 2100 Highway F36 W. on a report of an intoxicated female. Upon arrival, the officer noticed she was stumbling and had difficulty speaking. She said she didn’t know where she was going. She refused a chemical test. She was taken to jail.
• Scott W. Cupples, 27, of Newton was arrested for a parole violation at 5:19 p.m. Saturday at the 1900 block of E. 19th St. N.
• Richard N. Fall, 58, of Colfax was charged with false reports or communications with public safety entities after officers were dispatched at 4:02 a.m. Monday to 10590 S. 36th Ave. W. on a report of a burglary. Fall called police and reported a burglary, but the suspect was his wife. Fall said he knew his wife was trying to gain access to the house before calling deputies. He was placed in jail.
• Stan R. Hopwood, 46, of Newton was taken into custody on an active warrant at 4:20 p.m. Friday.
• DeeDee D. Negrete, 50, of Des Moines was taken into custody on an active warrant at 2:14 p.m. Friday. She was taken to jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.