Newton Police Department
• Charles C. Balius, 34, of West Des Moines was charged with public intoxication after officers noticed him having trouble walking eastbound on First Avenue West at 10:29 p.m. Aug. 27. When officers stopped him, he failed field sobriety tests. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Tracy A. Doonan, 47, of Newton was cited for driving on the wrong side of the road and having an open container after striking another vehicle driven by Zakk H. Weatherly, 16, of Newton. Officers were dispatched to the 300 block of South 11th Avenue West at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday on a report of an accident. The accident caused $800 of damage to Weatherly’s car and $400 to Doonan’s. The passenger in Doonan’s car, Aaron Parrin, 27, of Monroe, also was cited to having an open container in the vehicle.
• Tina L. Lewis, 29, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree theft after officers were dispatched at 3:15 p.m. Thursday to Hy-Vee on report of a theft. She attempted to steal NIX Lice Spray valued at $7.36. She was released to appear in court.
• Christopher R. Meyer, 36, of Newton was cited for driving with a revoked license and speeding after officers observed a vehicle driving at a high rate of speed at 3:05 p.m. Thursday in the 1400 block of South Fifth Avenue East. He was released to appear in court.
• Phone T. Quang, 33, of Newton was arrested at 3:15 p.m. Aug. 26 at 403 W. Fourth St. N. on a Polk County warrant for a probation violation. The original charge was unlawful use of a credit card. Quang was taken to jail.
• Kimberly S. Woody, 27, of Newton was charged with public consumption after officers were dispatched at 11:24 p.m. Wednesday to the 200 block of West Second Street North on report of several individuals drinking in the back of a truck. Upon arrival, Woody admitted she had been drinking. She was released to appear in court.