60°FFairFull Forecast

No one injured in fire

Published: Friday, July 12, 2013 11:36 a.m. CDT • Updated: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:47 p.m. CDT

Newton firefighters were called to a house at 5:02 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East 10th Street South after a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina caught fire in a garage. Fire department officials stated this morning that the fire was caused by a malfunction on the car and then caught the garage on fire. The owner of the car is Jeanne Payne, and the owner of the property is her mother, Marilyn Lammers. The estimated damage was between $8,000 to $10,000. No one was injured during the fire.

More News

National video

Reader Poll

Did the Newton City Council make the right decision in allocating $1 million toward acquisitions and demolitions of commercial buildings on First Avenue and the interchange corridors?