Newton Police Department
• Joseph L. Symmonds, 16 of Newton was arrested for possession of alcohol by a minor, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after officers were dispatched to 300 W. Fourth St. S. on June 24 at 2:50 p.m. on report of a fight occurring. The defendant consented to a PBT and had a blood alcohol content level of .053. Symmonds then dropped a baggie that contained 1 gram of marijuana. He also admitted to having a glass smoking pipe in his car.
• Dakota R. Andersen, 20, of Kellogg was arrested for driving while license revoked. Officers stopped Andersen after discovering the vehicle being driven on the 500 block of First Avenue at 10:45 p.m. on June 29 was owned by a deceased person. Andersen explained that it was his grandmother’s vehicle. Andersen was taken to jail.
• Heather J. Anderson, 32, of Newton was arrested for domestic abuse after officers were dispatched to 1343 N. Fourth Ave. E. in reference to a domestic fight. The victim stated that Anderson had slapped him. Red marks were visible on the victim. Anderson was taken to jail.
• Preston D. Conner, 23, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree theft after officers were dispatched to Walmart on Friday at 2:04 p.m. on a report of a shoplifter. Conner is alleged to have stolen a camp ax worth $10.57. He was released to appear in court.
• Jared M. King, 23, of Newton was charged with disorderly conduct after officers were dispatched to 821 S. 13th Ave. E. on Thursday at 11:19 a.m. on a report that someone was throwing a shovel from an apartment window. Officers had dealt with King earlier in the day and knew that he had been drinking alcohol. He was taken to jail.
• Christopher D. Mason, 47, of Newton was charged with public intoxication after officers were dispatched to 200 block of First Street South at 9:32 p.m. Friday on a report of an intoxicated individual that was having difficulty walking. Mason was taken to jail.
• Travis W. Nichol, 23, of Newton was arrested at 9:15 a.m. Thursday at 515 E. 19th St. S. on an outstanding warrant for parole violation and was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Latasha R. Harris-Pearson, 19, of Newton was arrested on possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of alcohol by a minor and public intoxication after officers were dispatched to 311 W. Fourth St. N. on June 24 at 2:50 p.m. When they arrived on the scene, officers witnessed Harris-Pearson running to her car. As they were taking her to the patrol car she was kicking and punching the glass. She was taken to jail.
• Russell G. Quick, 57, of Kellogg was charged with fifth-degree theft after officers were dispatched to Walmart Thursday at 5:09 p.m. on a report of a shoplifter. Quick is alleged to have stolen four items worth $62.17. He was taken to jail.
• Dennis B. Wennihan, 57, of Newton was charged with entering a property without justification after officers were dispatched to 1806 S. 12th Ave. W. at 1:35 a.m. Friday on a report of an individual that would not leave Newton 66. Officers had been on the scene earlier and asked Wennihan to leave. When they arrived the second time, officers placed him under arrest and took him to jail.
• Shelby R. Williams, 35, of Newton was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court on an original charge of driving while license suspended after authorities stopped her at 12:55 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of West Fifth Street South after observing her pulling on her seatbelt. She also was cited for failure to maintain safety belt and failure to have a valid license/permit while operating a motor vehicle. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Department
• Rodney Lee De Saussure, 56, of Newton was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after deputies were dispatched to the 171.4 mile marker on I-80 eastbound on Sunday at 2:31 p.m. A deputy used a radar to determine that the defendant was travelling 91 miles per hour on I-80. At the jail, a test indicated that he had a blood alcohol content level .095. He was taken to jail.
• Ehren David Schneider, 33, of Brighton was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant in Lee County. He was due to be released from the Newton Jail, but Jasper county deputies took him to the Jasper County Jail where he awaits to be picked up by Lee County officials.
• Lisa Marie Tiedeman, 47, of Grinnell was arrested at 5500 Jules St. for criminal mischief in the fourth degree and criminal trespassing on June 27 at 10:22 p.m. The defendant called 911 and reported that she had broke her neighbor’s window. The cost to replace the window was estimated at more than $200 but less than $500. She also allegedly broke into another neighbors shed and stole an ATV. She was taken to jail.
• Christopher J Thorp, 48, of West Hollywood, Calif. was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after deputies were dispatched to I-80 near the 164 mile marker on Saturday at 3:11 a.m. The defendant was initially stopped for speeding after the Sheriff’s department received a call from a third party. His blood alcohol content level was .184. He was taken to jail.
• Jason Edward Trotter, 40, of Newton was arrested for driving with a suspended license after deputies were dispatched to the 2000 block of West 28th Street North on Friday at 2:56 a.m. He was taken to jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.