The 2013 Great Treasure Hunt is, for all intents and purposes, over — at least for now.
During a routine inspection of the medallion’s location Thursday night, it was discovered the medallion had been removed.As of 9 a.m., it had not been returned to the Daily News office.
“If you have the medallion, even if you just stumbled upon it, you are the winner of the treasure hunt,” Daily News editor Bob Eschliman said. “The medallion included instructions on it back that told its finder to return it for the prize.”
The winner of the 2013 Great Treasure Hunt will receive $1,000.
However, if you no one comes forward by the end of business Tuesday, a new medallion will be created and an “overtime” treasure hunt will begin Wednesday morning. Clues for that hunt will be provided in the Daily News print edition, on its website, and on its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
“Someone is going to win $1,000 in Newton Bucks,” Eschliman said. “That much is certain.”