Nebraska railroad license plate named best in nation
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska’s new license plate honoring Union Pacific railroad’s history in the state has been named the best new license plate in the country.
The Automobile License Plate Collectors Association picked the special Nebraska license plate that was issued last year when the railroad celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Nebraska’s Union Pacific plate beat out designs from 12 other states because of its attractiveness and its legibility.
The specialty license plate was sponsored by the Friends of the Union Pacific Railroad Museum group. The museum is in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Rhonda Lahm, who leads Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles, says the license plate honors UP’s contributions to the state and highlights the urban and rural areas of Nebraska.
More Nation & World News
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- New American Airlines CEO vows to make merger work
- Rising riches: 1 in 5 in US reaches affluence
- Pearl Harbor survivor thrives meeting visitors