Four make plea deals in kidnapping
WEST UNION (AP) — Four people accused of kidnapping and beating a man in northeast Iowa have made plea deals for lesser charges.
The four were involved in the abduction of Allen Denni in West Union on Nov. 21.
Court records say Curtis Williams pleaded guilty to reduced charges and was given up to 40 years in prison. Cody Caldwell pleaded guilty and was sentenced to up to 25 years. Tyler Williams and William Newton pleaded guilty to reduced charges of false imprisonment and burglary charges. They were given 10 years in prison suspended to five years of probation.
More State News
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food
- Iowa regents to finalize 2nd tuition freeze plan
- Trucker gets life sentences in Des Moines slayings
- Iowan charged with killing dad to plead insanity
- Iowa approves Alliant relaxed efficiency plan