Thank you to volunteer guards at Wall That Heals
To the editor:
This is letter of thanks goes out to all the people who served as guards during the visit of The Wall That Heals. These volunteers watched over The Wall of our fallen brothers and sisters during some very unpleasant weather.
We had cold winds, rain and, of course, the snow to put up with. We had no no-shows for guard duty, from dusk until dawn.
We also were blessed with volunteers who supplied food, coffee, drinks, heaters to keep warm by, and a very special fire pit. Let us tell you folks, there were a lot of good memories talked about around that fire.
Thank you all and God bless!
Bud Pickett & Randy Wagner
More Letters to the Editor News
- Former NHS recordholder applauds new mark makers
- Des Moines' claims to Iowa Speedway are underhanded
- College educator responds to Berg reading proficiency report
- Adjutant General of Iowa National Guard issues Thanksgiving message
- Thank-you to good samaritan