Newton Police Department
• Troy A. Gram, 45, of Newton was charged with first-offense public intoxication at 100 E. Fourth St. S. at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. Gram had been warned earlier not to leave his hotel room because of his state of intoxication. Officers located him with bloodshot and watery eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol. Gram was arrested and taken to jail.
• Mary R. Homeier, 86, of Newton was cited with failure to obey a stop or yield sign after authorities responded to an accident at 12:53 p.m. Wednesday. Homeier’s westbound vehicle entered the intersection of South Eighth Avenue West and West Third Street South and struck a vehicle driven by Ashley N. Richardson, 21, of Newton. Damage to Homeier’s vehicle was estimated at $500. Damage to Richardson’s vehicle was estimated at $1,000.
• Joshua Stubbe, 25, of Newton was arrested at 3:08 a.m. Thursday following a traffic stop in the 500 block of First Street South on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear on drug charges stemming from an incident on May 7, when an officer observed him leaving the Children’s Forest in the 1200 block of East Fifth Street South. Stubbe allegedly had a backpack with contents he admitted were being used to manufacture controlled substances. At that time, he was charged with manufacturing or conspiracy to manufacture more than five grams of methamphetamine, a Class B felony; two counts of possession of a presursor (pseudoephedrine and lithium) with the intent to use such to manufacture a controlled substance, a Class D felony; possession of more than one-half ounce but less than 50 kilograms of marijuana with intent to deliver, a Class D felony; possession of methamphetamine, a serious misdemeanor; and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
• Mary E. Terry, 51, of Newton was cited with failure to obey a stop signal after authorities responded to an accident at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday. Terry was traveling east on First Avenue East and allegedly failed to stop at a red light at Fourth Street, striking a northbound vehicle driven by Kris A. Baumgart, 58, of Newton. Damage to Terry’s vehicle was estimated at $2,500. Damages to Baumgart’s vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
• Caleb J. Wilson, 22, of Newton was arrested at 2:24 a.m. Thursday following a traffic stop in the 800 block of South Eighth Avenue East on a Jasper County warrant for failure to appear for drug charges. Wilson was taken to jail.
• Christopher E. Wood, 39, of Newton was charged with violation of a non-contact order after officers found him in the home of the protected party at 821 S. 13th Ave. E. #B6 at 7:11 p.m. Wednesday. Wood was arrested and taken to jail.