Top recruit Wiggins to play for Jayhawks
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — Top prep basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins told a small gathering of family and friends at his high school gym that he will play at Kansas.
Then the Huntington Prep star signed his letter-of-intent and officially became a Jayhawk. No big speech. No bands, live TV coverage or props. Just the way Wiggins wanted it. And just like that, Lawrence, Kan., became more of a focal point for the upcoming college basketball season.
The 6-foot-8 Toronto native chose Kansas over Kentucky, North Carolina and Florida State. Wiggins said there wasn’t one particular selling point, taking into account each school’s coaching staff, players and program.
More College News
- No. 25 Iowa women beat No. 22 Syracuse
- No. 20 Iowa State has no problem with Northern Iowa
- Tarheels stun No. 1 Michigan State
- No. 17 Iowa State pounds Auburn
- USC hires new football coach