Newton is well known for its linebacker — of the football sort. Next month, it will welcome a host of Linebackers of a different sort.
Department store pianist-turned concert headliner Lorie Line recently launched her 24th annual summer tour. Friday, June 28, she will perform at the Newton Community Theatre stage with her “Fab Five,” to perform songs from her new album, “Come Together.” Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. show cost $39; $34 for groups of 10 or more. All seats are reserved.
The Fab Five includes:
• Jean-Pierre Bouvet — national championship solo drummer;
• Josh Fink — multi-instrumentalist bass player;
• Derek Bromme — bass trombonist, who is currently pursuing his doctorate from the University of Minnesota;
• Robbie Nordstrom — fan-favorite violinist/fiddler; and
• Mike Linden — Berklee College of Music graduate and guitarist, who is the newest addition to the touring group.
Line, best known for her holiday “extravaganza” shows, has a diehard base of more than 100,000 fans around the country, known as Linebackers. She also has published 39 books of her musical arrangements from her home office on Lake Minnetonka near Mound, Minn., ranging from beginner practice books to the most advanced arrangements from her own concert tours.
She also has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charities, including Tee It Up For the Troops, a volunteer group that supports wounded soldiers based in her home state. She and her husband/manager, Tim, are now “empty nesters” with two adult children living outside the home.
To order tickets, call 1-800-801-LINE (5463) or visit www.lorieline.com.